How To Get There
We highly recommend public transport if you are planning on attending this event.
For timetables, travel plans, ticket and fare information visit the Translink website: http://translink.com.au/
Take it easy and let the train driver do all the work. Here at Park Sounds we highly recommend travelling via train to attend the event. Trains are expected to run as per normal schedule.
Make sure you get off at Strathpine Station. From there it’s just a quick 9-minute walk to the Park Sounds festival.
Brisbane buses will be running as per normal Saturday schedule. Please check bus timetable at http://translink.com.au/
There will be a drop off point at the festival if arriving by Taxi. Entrance is via the intersection of Gympie Rd and Kremzow Rd where the vehicle will be directed to the drop off zone. Please note that the pick-up/drop off areas are loading zones and vehicles not adhering to this will be asked to move on. Exit from the loading zone is a left turn on to Gympie Rd only.
There will be a drop off point at the festival if arriving by Private vehicle. Entrance is via the intersection of Gympie Rd and Kremzow Rd where the vehicle will be directed to the drop off zone. Please note that the pick-up/drop off areas are loading zones and vehicles not adhering to this will be asked to move on. Exit from the loading zone is a left turn on to Gympie Rd only.
General and disabled parking areas will be available onsite.
Conditions of Entry
- Ticketholders must show this ticket and valid photo ID at the festival entrance (18+ years only).
- Tickets are non-exchangeable.
- It is a condition of purchase that the buyer consents to the Organiser retaining personal information as required by Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012(Cth). The Organiser will only hold your information for archive purposes and contacting you in relation to ticketing matters and event information. The Organiser will not trade, sell or otherwise dispose of your personal information.
- No refunds on tickets except as required by &/or specified by the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Fair Practice. Incorrect purchases DO NOT qualify for a refund.
- Do not share you ticket barcode with anyone else as you may be denied entry. The Organiser reserves the right to deny admission to the bearer of any ticket that appears to have been tampered with.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into the Venue including the entertainment area and car parks. Any alcohol will by confiscated and will not be returned.
- Bags & containers will be searched at the entry gates. Banned items including glass, alcohol, weapons, umbrellas, selfie sticks and video cameras (including GoPros). See full list of banned items at parksounds.com.au.
- Protest paraphernalia and banners are not allowed in the festival. The Organiser reserves the right to remove any person in possession of or displaying these items.
- Only empty plastic bottles may be brought into the entertainment precinct for refilling from water station.
- Fireworks, flares and the lighting of fires are prohibited.
- Animals are prohibited, with the exception of service or assistance animals, such as Guide Dogs.
- Footwear must be worn at all times.
- Small still cameras are permitted but audio and video recording devices, including GoPros and professional still cameras are not.
- All ticket holders consent to any official filming and sound recording.
- Possession, sale or use of illegal drugs or illicit substances is strictly prohibited. Any persons found with them in their possession will be removed from the site and subject to police action.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse a ticket holder admission to the event or to evict that person from the event if they are affected by alcohol or drugs, or act in contravention of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Activities such as moshing, crowd surfing, climbing and stage diving are dangerous to yourself and others. The Organiser accepts no liability for any injuries or damages caused by these activities. Patrons engaging in these or other dangerous activities will be removed from the site.
- Patrons must not cause damage to, improperly use or tamper with any public facility or festival infrastructure, or cause damage to flora or fauna on or surrounding the Venue or enter any onsite bodies of water. Nor must they remove or attempt to remove any item or object from the Venue or surrounding area.
- Patrons will be removed from the site if they behave in a threatening or inappropriate manner (aggressive, riotous, abusive, or insulting actions) towards other patrons or event staff. Patrons are required to follow the reasonable directions of event staff at all times.
- The right is reserved to vary programs and/or to add, withdraw or substitute artists. No refunds or compensation will be made should the program vary due to the non-appearance of an advertised artist.
- Except where liability cannot be excluded under legislation, the Organiser shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or on the festival site. Where permitted under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), the Organiser limits its liability in respect of breach of any statutory guarantee under the ACL in the manner set out in sections 64A(1)(a) and 64A(2)(a) of the ACL.
- Tickets may not, without prior consent of the Organiser, be resold at a premium or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the bearer of the ticket will be refused admission and the Organiser may take further legal action against any parties that have breached this condition.
- Remember to bring your valid photo ID and your ticket.
- Keep this ticket in a safe place and safeguard it as you would regular money or regular tickets. Lost or stolen tickets cannot be replaced.
- Unauthorised sale or duplication of this ticket may prevent your admittance to the event. Multiple copies of this ticket will not allow multiple entries to the event.
- The unique barcode on this ticket can only be used once, and only admits one person to the event.
- Do not purchase this ticket from a source other than parksounds.com.au, www.ticketmaster.com.au, or at the box office, otherwise you will not be able to verify if the ticket is genuine.
- Please be patient when arriving at or departing the festival. Lots of people will be trying to come and go at the same time which could result in some unavoidable delays, especially at the end of the night.
- Use shuttle buses between the festival and surrounding locations.
- Make sure you know what you cannot bring into the festival – check the banned items at www.parksounds.com.au.
- Do not remove your wristband until the festival has ended. Lost wristbands will not be replaced. If you are found to be within the event site without a wristband you will be assumed to have entered without a ticket and will be evicted from the site.
- Pine Rivers Park is an open air stage.
- Bring sunscreen, insect repellent, a hat, warm clothing, or a raincoat if the weather turns.
- Bring any medication you may need such as asthma inhalers, analgesic for headaches etc.
- We recommend you wear enclosed footwear at all times.
- First aid facilities will be available on the Event site. If first aid is required, please go to this area for assistance.
- Avoid dehydration – drink plenty of water.
- Drink responsibly. People who are intoxicated will not be served alcohol.
- Look out for your friends and fellow punters.
- If at any time you feel your safety or anyone else’s safety is threatened, please contact the nearest security guard.
- Please respect our neighbours, the town’s residents and the local environment.
- We play rain or shine! Have a great day!
Q. Do I need to purchase a ticket to the event?
A. YES. Presale tickets will be available from 1/8/16
Park Sounds Website – Online purchase only
Ticketing Release Dates
Members Presale 1st Aug
General Onsale 5th Aug
Q. What does the VIP ticket include?
A. VIP tickets include VIP Lanyard, Private Toilets, Private Cash Bar, & VIP Viewing Area.
Q. Is this an all ages event?
A. NO. Park Sounds is an 18+ Event. Proof of Age identification will be required and wristbands will be issued to those wishing to purchase alcohol at the event and all those who enter the event.
Q. What are accepted forms of identification?
A. VALID/CURRENT Photo ID is required in the following formats for entry:
– Photo Driver License
– Keypass – VIC and TAS
– RTA Photo Card – NSW
Q. Should I catch public transport?
A. Public transport is highly recommended if you are planning to attend this event.
For timetables, travel plans, ticket and fare information visit the Translink website: http://translink.com.au/
We highly recommend travelling via train to attend Park Sounds 2016. Trains are expected to run as per normal schedule.
How to arrive by train
To get to Pine Rivers Park from Brisbane via train take the IPCA UPWARD and disembark at Strathpine Station.
Trains leave roughly every 12 mins from Brisbane stations including Roma Street Station, Central Station, Fortitude Valley Station, and Bowen Hills Station. A train from Roma Street Station to Strathpine Station is estimated to take 40mins.
From Strathpine Station turn right on Station Street and right again on Gympie Road. It is a short 9 minute walk to Pine Rivers Park.
Brisbane buses will be running as per normal Saturday schedule.
How to arrive by bus
From Chermside, Brisbane catch bus 680 towards Redcliffe. Disembark at Strathpine Shopping Centre (stop C). Exit onto Jockers street, turn right onto Mecklem Street and left onto Gympie Road. It is a 10 minute walk to Pine Rivers Park.
Q. Will there be police at the event?
A. YES, we work closely with Police to ensure a safe and enjoyable event for all. Any drug activity, antisocial behaviour and general public safety issues will be monitored and managed closely by the event staff, security and police.
Q. Will I be allowed to leave the event at any time and be allowed back in via a passout system?
A. NO, there are no pass outs given at the event. Once you leave the event you will not be allowed back in.
Q. Will there be access for mobility impaired people?
A. YES, There will be limited disabled parking available. Persons wishing to park in the disabled area must have a valid disabled parking permit. There will also be access to the event for mobility impaired people. Please direct any further queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. Will food and beverages be available at the event?
A. YES, Food and Beverages will be available for purchase within the event site.
Q. Will there be atm machines at the event?
A. YES, there will be an ATM area within the event site.
Q. Will toilets be available at the event?
A. There will be an ample amount of toilets available at the event for patron use. VIP ticket holders will have access to private toilets available in VIP areas. All toilet areas will also cater to disabled/mobility impaired persons.
When at an event please plan your toilet trips as there may be queues. Public urination and improper conduct will result in ejection from the event and Police fines.
Q. What happens if the event is cancelled?
A. This event is scheduled to go ahead rain or shine; however extreme weather may result in a cancellation for safety reasons. Cancellation of the event will be broadcast via media outlets such as radio, Park Sounds website, and Park Sounds social media channels. There will be personnel at the event gates to inform anyone who missed out on messages via media.
Q. Is there anything I should remember to bring to the event?
A. Gates open at 1.00pm for this event. Remember to wear suitable attire for the weather (hats, sunscreen if hot). If you wish to enter the event you MUST show Proof of Age identification upon entry.
Q. Is there anything I should NOT bring to the event?
A. You must NOT bring any of the following items into the venue:
– food or beverages including water (other than for personal special dietary requirements);
– raised seating;
– video cameras or professional recording equipment;
– knives, weapons, packages, flares or fireworks;
– any object that could be used to distract, hinder, or interfere with any patrons including laser pointers;
– flags with poles;
– animals (apart from authorised guide / companion dogs;
– any dangerous goods;
– any other items deemed by management to be dangerous or capable of causing a public nuisance. Any items considered unsafe will be confiscated upon entry bag checks.
Q. Can I smoke at the event?
A. YES, patrons can smoke in designated areas in the event only. Smoking outside these areas is prohibited as the event site will be non-smoking. Smoking inside enclosed areas is prohibited. Smoking is at your own risk and you are expected to abide by health and laws pertaining to smoking.
Q. Can I purchase tobacco products at the event?
A. NO, there will be no retail facilities for smoking products and there will be no pass outs allowed.
Q. Will my bags be searched at the event?
A. YES, bag checks will be carried out upon entry to the event and there will be no pass outs issued.